Sunday, July 22, 2018

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A VARIETY, MUSIC OR COMEDY SERIES/SPECIAL

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
The Oscars
The Trixie & Katya Show

AND THE WINNER IS:


FULL FRONTAL WITH SAMANTHA BEE

This is the second consecutive win and third nomination for the writing staff of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.

In my opinion in terms of late night shows it’s a close battle between Daily Show allums Samantha and John. Until Bee’s show started airing on TBS I would’ve chosen Oliver always but I just prefer the work that Bee has been doing recently. In rewarding this staff I do want to say that the recent controversy concerning her use of the c-word is something that I object to. As a person who comes from a location in the world where that word is commonly used I just laughed along because I found the joke funny. I do hope that Bee and her team still feel okay pushing the limit on their humour because I would hate if they sort’ve retreat and play it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment