Friday, September 6, 2019

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES

Uta Briesewitz for (“Seven-Fifty”), The Deuce
Sam Esmail for (“Protocol”), Homecoming
Saverio Costanzo for (“Episode 7”), My Brilliant Friend
Ryan Murphy for (“Pilot”), Pose
Janet Mock for (“Love is the Message”), Pose

AND THE WINNER IS:


JANET MOCK FOR ("LOVE IS THE MESSAGE"), POSE

This is the second win and nomination for Janet Mock. She has also won writing for Pose (2019).

When the emmy nominations were announced back in July I think the nomination I was most upset not to see was Janet Mock in the drama directing category. I guess Mock even with an emmy snub ended up winning with her new Netflix deal and through this deal and her creative work on Pose Mock is blazing a trail for other queer artists to be possibly given opportunities like she now has. With every new award I bestroy on Pose I just plead people watch this show because it is truly brillant television. 

No comments:

Post a Comment