Saturday, August 28, 2021

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A COMEDY SERIES

Matt Whitaker for (“Cease and Desist”), Girls5Eva
Pat Regan for (“1.69 Million”), Hacks
Anna Konkle for (“Vendy Wiccany”), Pen15
Sam Zvibleman for (“Opening Night”), Pen15
Brett Goldstein for (“Tan Lines”), Ted Lasso

AND THE WINNER IS:


SAM ZVIBLEMAN FOR ("OPENING NIGHT"), PEN15

This is the first win and nomination for Sam Zvibleman.

Pen15 admitedly was a show I didn't watch during it's original release but once the second season premiered I quickly binged the series and was upset with myself for not paying enough attention to this clearly excellent tv show. The Opening Night episode was a great highlight for me this season as I am a practising theatre student and seeing the show culminate in a theatrical event felt so right to me. The episode had many laugh out loud moments but also some great character beats that had been built up to during the first half of this second season. Now that I've comfortably joined the fandom of the show I look forward to what else we get from the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment