Friday, March 1, 2024

OUTSTANDING ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY


Justine Triet & Arthur Harari for Anatomy of a Fall
Samy Burch for May December
Yuji Sakamoto for Monster
Celine Song for Past Lives
A.V. Rockwell for A Thousand and One

AND THE WINNER:


SAMY BURCH FOR MAY DECEMBER

This is the first win and nomination for Samy Burch.

When it comes to the SCREENPLAY OF THE YEAR I can think of not other than Samy Burch's captivating screenplay for May December. Since I saw the film first in Cannes of 2023 I knew the screenplay was instantly iconic. With some incredible dialogue both spoken and visually written in the text Burch and director Todd Haynes ushered in some incredible screenwriting. Haynes a writer himself has transitioned as of late into working with screenwriters sitting primarily in the directors chair and while I miss his words I think he's still doing some amazing work by letting his writers work stand out as strongly as it has with May December.

I could deliver many of my favourite lines so regularly as their is such great dialogue in featured and it is so exceptional. Burch has certainly set herself up as an exciting screenwriter with her brilliant screenplay and I look forward to what great creation she is gonna make next.

No comments:

Post a Comment