Saturday, July 18, 2026

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES


Khandi Alexander as Miss Carroll for (“Mall 3: Heroes”) in "ABBOTT ELEMENTARY"
Candice Bergen as Constance for (“Dereks' Don't Die”) in "SHRINKING"
Ayo Edebiri as Mimi Rush for (“Roger & Munchy”) in "I LOVE L.A."
Lisa Gilroy as Christine Westbrook-Clark for (“Team Building”) in "JURY DUTY PRESENTS: COMPANY RETREAT"
Taraji P. Henson as Vanetta for (“Birthday”) in "ABBOTT ELEMENTARY"
Brie Larson as Francie Fak for ("Bears") in "THE BEAR"

AND THE WINNER IS:


AYO EDEBIRI AS MIMI RUSH FOR ("ROGER & MUNCHY") IN "I LOVE L.A."

This is the first win and seventh nomination for Ayo Edebiri. She was previously nominated individually for The Bear (2023-2024) & Abbott Elementary (2023); she was also nominated alongside the ensemble of The Bear (2023-2025). She wins for her performance as Mimi Rush on I Love L.A.

Ayo Edebiri has truly been on a rollercoaster ride of a career in the past 5 years where she has been apart of many successful comedy led projects (some dramas too) establishing herself as name to be admired. Edebiri co-starring with I Love L.A. creator Rachel Sennott in the great 2023 comedy Bottoms I'm sure led to Ayo's guest appearance on her HBO series which I am so thankful for.

Edebiri who plays an eccentric British pop star on her two episode appearance has a wacky British accent and expression on her face many times throughout that had me in stiches. Edebiri's accent landing somewhere between terrible and convincing made the performance that much more stand out and even with a full calendar year passing since the series aired I've not forgotton Edebiri's delightful guest appearance. With the show being renewed for a second season I hope Sennot and her writers can find a way to bring Edebiri back as she was so fun in her two episode appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment