Sunday, September 3, 2023

OUTSTANDING LEADING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES


Nicco Annan as Uncle Clifford for (“Seven Pounds of Pressure”) in “P-VALLEY”
Paddy Considine as King Viserys I Targaryen for (“The Lord of the Tides”) in “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON”
Kieran Culkin as Roman Roy for (“Kill List”) in “SUCCESSION”
Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman for (“Saul Gone”) in “BETTER CALL SAUL”
Anthony Starr as John / Homelander for (“The Instant White-Hot Wild”) in “THE BOYS”
Jeremy Strong as Kendall Roy for (“Honeymoon States”) in “SUCCESSION”

AND THE WINNER IS:


ANTHONY STARR AS JOHN / HOMELANDER FOR ("THE INSTANT WHITE-HOT WILD") IN "THE BOYS

This is the first win and nomination for Anthony Starr. He wins for his performance as John / Homelander on The Boys.

I'll be the first to admit I'm late to The Boys having only binged all three season this past season. Finishing the series there is no excuse why I've not viewed the show yet. I was quite impressed with the series overall and in focusing on the third season this season i must say I was majorly impressed by the work of Anthony Starr. Maybe his work in the first two seasons is also affecting my decision of him as my winner but even with my memories of the third season I must praise his impressive work. The role of Homelander isn't easy to play and Starr plays it extremely well. In the seasons finale all the drama comes to a head and Starr has to manoeuvre so many extreme emotions and I was blown away by everything he did. Starr is so impressive on the show and I look forward to what comes from him in future seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment