Friday, February 16, 2024

OUTSTANDING ANIMATED FEATURE FILM


The Boy and the Heron (Directed by Hayao Miyazaki)
Nimona (Directed by Nick Bruno & Troy Quane)
Robot Dreams (Directed by Pablo Berger)
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers & Justin K. Thompson)
Suzume (Directed by Makoto Shinkai)

AND THE WINNER:


THE BOY AND THE HERON (DIRECTED BY HAYAO MIYAZAKI)

This is the fourth win and nomination for Hayao Miyazaki. He previously won Animated Feature film for Spirited Away (2002)Howl’s Moving Castle (2005) & The Wind Rises (2013).

It doesn't get more iconic and legend in the field of film animated than Hayao Miyazaki. With each new film we get from the brilliant director we must treasure it as you never know if the film will be the final one from the great director. The Boy and the Heron isn't just a great late career film by Miyazaki but also a pretty brilliant film all it's own. It took far too long into the year for me to actually see the film but once I saw it I understood it's brilliance and why many including myself have fallen head over heels in love with the film.

I am just so happy to express my love of this film by giving this award to Hayao Miyazaki and really thank the great director for being such an integral part of my love of film animation and how it has grown as I myself have grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment