Saturday, February 24, 2024

OUTSTANDING INTERNATIONAL FILM


Anatomy of a Fall (Directed by Justine Triet)
The Eight Mountains (Directed by Felix van Groeningen & Charlotte Vandermeersch)
Godland (Directed by Hlynur Pálmason)
Perfect Days (Directed by Wim Wenders)
The Zone of Interest (Directed by Jonathan Glazer)

AND THE WINNER:


ANATOMY OF A FALL (DIRECTED BY JUSTINE TRIET)

This is the first win and nomination for Justine Triet.

I was lucky enough to first see Anatomy of a Fall all the way back in May of 2023 when I got the opportunity yet again to attend three days of the Cannes Film Festival. I had seen Triets previous film Sibyl when I attended Cannes in 2019 and was a fan of that film even with some reservations but her latest Anatomy is so beyond brilliant I just adored the experience of watching it. Anatomy is a film not solely in one language with many scenes being performed in English, French and German with Sandra Hüller the films lead most of the time talking in those multiple languages. It really is impressive how fast paced this film is and even when I rewatched the cinema months later when it came out in UK cinemas I had such a wonderful time and found the film just as exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment