Crystal Fox as Alice Andrews in "HIS & HERS"
Betty Gilpin as Lucretia Garfield in "DEATH BY LIGHTNING"
Grace Gummer as Caroline Kennedy in "LOVE STORY"
Cailee Spaeny as Ashley in "BEEF"
Youn Yuh-jung as Chairwoman Park in "BEEF"
Constance Zimmer as Ann Messina Freeman in "LOVE STORY"
AND THE WINNER IS:
BETTY GILPIN AS LUCRETIA GARFIELD IN "DEATH BY LIGHTNING"
This is the first win and sixth nomination for Betty Gilpin. She was previously nominated for American Gods (2017) & GLOW (2018). She was also nominated alongside the ensembles of Nurse Jackie (2013) & GLOW (2018-2019). She wins for her performance as Lucretia Garfield on Death by Lightning.
Betty Gilpin has been putting in the work across a variety of television projects for the past 10+ years where I have grown to appreciate her individual energy managing to differentiate herself enough that I always know she's gonna be great but can appreciate each performance separate from the last.
With the release of Death by Lighting last winter comes another standout performance by Gilpin, one that is stellar throughout all four episodes yet really dominates in the season finale when Lucretia gets a moment to interact with her late husbands murderer. Gilpin makes her first lady into a marvellous presence and when addressing her husbands assassin she is spectacular with me feeling like she was used the perfect amount but I would've welcomed more of her given Gilpin's standout performance.
I am so happy to finally give Gilpin a trophy as she has been an impactful performer across a variety of television project that I have tuned into yearly.

No comments:
Post a Comment