Friday, February 16, 2018

OUTSTANDING ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

Coco (Directed by Lee Unkrich)
The Lego Batman Movie (Directed by Chris McKay)
Loving Vincent (Directed by Dorota Kobiela & Hugh Welchman)
My Life as a Zucchini (Directed by Claude Barras)
Your Name. (Directed by Makoto Shinkai)

AND THE WINNER IS:


COCO (DIRECTED BY LEE UNKRICH)

This is the third win and nomination for Lee Unkrich. He previously won for directing Finding Nemo (2003) and Toy Story 3 (2010).

A weak year for animation ruled by a top contender. Coco is best and I agree with much about it’s quality. I was unsure whether the film would hit with me at the beginning however I have to admit that by the end of the year they managed to get to me emotionally. The story itself is great and the family of dead characters are delightful to follow, it’s the twists this film has which I find most affective. These plot twists are made greater by the voiceover cast featured. I really loved this film and it puts Pixar back on top after a few stumbles within the last decade of their films.

No comments:

Post a Comment