Tuesday, February 20, 2018

OUTSTANDING PERFORMER OF THE YEAR

Timothee Chalamet (Call Me By Your Name, Hostiles, Lady Bird)
Woody Harrelson (The Glass Castle, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, War for the Planet of the Apes, Wilson)
Riley Keogh (The Discovery, It Comes at Night, Logan Lucky, Lovesong)
Jason Mitchell (Detroit, The Disaster Artist, Kong: Skull Island, Mudbound)
Michael Stuhlberg (Call Me By Your Name, The Post, The Shape of Water)

AND THE WINNER IS:


RILEY KEOUGH (THE DISCOVERY, IT COMES AT NIGHT, LOGAN LUCKY, LOVESONG)

Riley Keough came to many people's attention for her golden globe nominated work on Starz's The Girlfriend Experience a couple of years ago but for me it was her work in last year's American Honey. I did not watch her tv work but after her work in the Arnold feature I instantly knew her face and to my surprise in her four films this year I was in the bag for being impressed by her. Her work in Lovesong stands out, the film itself was under seen because it was released an entire year after it's Sundance premier which might have been a mistake for the film to be any type of hit. Riley and Jena are just so wonderful together in this film and it's the performance that made me see the range of her talent. Another impressive turn by her this year was her supporting role in Logan Lucky. One of the least known actors really was an advantage to Riley in this film as she was completely charming and wonderful each moment she popped up on the screen. I wish that people made a bigger deal about her with all her features but sadly she's still not as beloved as I feel she should be. Congrats to you and I look forward to all your upcoming work.

No comments:

Post a Comment