Tuesday, January 21, 2020

OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY

Claire Mathon for Atlantics
Jarin Blaschke for The Lighthouse
Yorick Le Saux for Little Women
Hong Kyung-pyo for Parasite
Claire Mathon for Portrait of a Lady on Fire

AND THE WINNER IS:


CLAIRE MATHON FOR PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE

This is the first win for Claire Mathon. She wins for her work on Portrait of a Lady on Fire while also being nominated for Atlantics.

Here begins when I will be talking about the greatness of Portrait of a Lady on Fire (a sign of things to come). I'm so thankful that I was able to see Portrait early at last year's Cannes Film Festival. Had I not gotten that chance I'm not sure when I might've had the chance to watch the film. The work by Mathon is especially wonderful in this film making this love story even more epic. The locations this film was filmed at are incredible from the beach to the mountain side and of course the house where most of the films titular portrait is painted in. Incredible work by Mathon and bonus points to her equally incredible work for Atlantics.

No comments:

Post a Comment