Thursday, January 16, 2020

OUTSTANDING FEMALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

Agyness Deyn as Marielle Hell in "HER SMELL"
Lee Jeong-eun as Moon-gwang in "PARASITE"
Florence Pugh as Amy March in "LITTLE WOMEN"
Zhao Shuzhen as Nai Nai in "THE FARWELL"
Park So-dam as Kim Ki-jung in "PARASITE"

AND THE WINNER IS:


LEE JEONG-EUN AS MOON-GWANG IN "PARASITE"

This is the first win and nomination for Lee Jeong-eun. She wins for her performance as Moon-gwang.

There is so much I can say about what Lee does in Parasite but I really shouldn't because while I feel indifferent about being spoiled about film there are those out there who really don't care to be spoiled. The above clip which highlights her performance is a spoiler inself and if you've not seen the film then stay clear from watching this youtube clip. What I will say is that in a film full of strong performances the work that Jeong-eun is doing really stood out to me all those months ago when I was lucky enough to see the film during its festival premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment