Friday, January 24, 2020

OUTSTANDING INTERNATIONAL FILM

Ash is Purest White (Directed by Jia Zhangke)
Pain and Glory (Directed by Pedro Almodóvar)
Parasite (Directed by Bong Joon-ho)
Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Directed by Céline Sciamma)
Sauvage (Directed by Camille Vidal-Naquet)

AND THE WINNER IS:


PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE (DIRECTED BY CÉLINE SCIAMMA)

This is the first win and nomination for Céline Sciamma.

Another mention from me goes to Portrait. It's just a wonderful film that has taken so much of my attention and made me a pure devote of the film. I was so upset that France did not choose this film as their representative for the oscars because it left the film without the opportunity to be among the list of the best international cinema released in the year 2019. I will however consider it the best of the year for all time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment