Saturday, January 25, 2020

OUTSTANDING FILM EDITING

Kayla Emter for Hustlers
Nick Houy for Little Women
Yang Jin-mo for Parasite
Julien Lacheray for Portrait of a Lady on Fire
Nicholas Monsour for Us

AND THE WINNER IS:


YANG JIN-MO FOR PARASITE

This is the first win and nomination for Yang Jin-mo. He has won for his editing work for Parasite.

While watching Parasite for the first time I found my entire body in such a state of happiness and this was because I was watching a definitive masterpiece. Parasite is a perfectly edited film with the above clip being the highlight of this achievement. How Jin-mo kept all of Bong's plates spinning and never letting them fall is an outstanding accomplishment. Each time I reward this film I have to feature a clip but similar to before if you've not seen the film watch it in it's entirety before deviling into individual moments such as the above expert work.

No comments:

Post a Comment