Monday, September 6, 2021

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Sam Miller & Michaela Coel for (“Happy Animals”), I May Destroy You
Craig Zobel for (“Miss Lady Hawk Herself”), Mare of Easttown
Steve McQueen for (“Mangrove”), Small Axe
Barry Jenkins for (“Chapter 1: Georgia”), The Underground Railroad
Matt Shakman for (“Don’t Touch That Dial”), Wandavision

AND THE WINNER IS:


BARRY JENKINS FOR ("CHAPTER 1: GEORGIA"), THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD

This is the first win and nomination for Barry Jenkins.

Similar to Coel in writing this win for Jenkins was pretty easily won from the moment I knew the series was happening. Jenkins has been a personal fave from the moment i saw Moonlight and having this be his second follow up to the success of that film is such a interesting choice to made by him and one I'm very thankful for. It's hard to put into words how excellent his work is because I could on for pages yet never feel content in describing my feelings towards his work. For now I will simply congratulate him and hope that this series is raved for decades to come as it deserves to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment