Sunday, September 5, 2021

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Michaela Coel for (“Don't Forget the Sea”), I May Destroy You
Russell T Davies for It’s a Sin
Scott Frank for (“Exchanges”), The Queen’s Gambit
Courttia Newland & Steve McQueen for (“Lovers Rock”), Small Axe
Barry Jenkins for (“Chapter 9: Indiana Winter”), The Underground Railroad

AND THE WINNER IS:


MICHAELA COEL FOR ("DON'T FORGET THE SEA"), I MAY DESTROY YOU

This is the first win and second nomination for Michaela Coel. She has also been nominated in leading actress for the show.

The summer of 2020 was not your usual summer with we as a world population were all at home due to the pandemic. Thankfully I May Destroy You was fully available during this non-traditional summer and from it's inception I was fully captivated by everything Coel as it's lead writer was giving us. The series admittedly isn't the easiest to watch due to it's dark subject matter but it's a series I highly recommend everyone take the time and watch. Coel was able to create a fully formed world in such a short about of time that her winning this writing prize was the easiest pick I could make. I'm so thankful for this stunning piece of art from Coel and I only hope for great things to come from her over this next decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment