Sunday, August 26, 2018

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES

Sylvain White for (“The Summit”), The Americans
Michelle MacLaren for ("Pilot"), The Deuce
Christopher Cantwell for ("Goodwill"), Halt and Catch Fire
Jeremy Podeswa for (“The Last Ceremony”), The Handmaid’s Tale
David Fincher for (“Episode 10”), Mindhunter

AND THE WINNER IS:


JEREMY PODESWA FOR (“THE LAST CEREMONY”), THE HANDMAID’S TALE

This is the second win and nomination for Jeremy Podeswa. He previously won for The Pacific (2010).

I still consider myself a massive fan of The Handmaid's Tale and while I share many people's opinions on the final moments of the season it didnt' fully force me to give up on the show. I will say the episode that I'm rewarding for directing felt like a season finale and had it been would've probbably made me bigger fans of the season. The episode when it aired reflected on what was happening in the states when families were being seprated just like June and her daughter. The episode is heartbreaking like most episodes of the show and the final moments are indeed great. The episode also features the great scene where Emily's commander dies near her and her cold heartless self rightfully doesn't try and assist. Jeremy captures every moment brillantly on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment