Monday, August 27, 2018

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Sarah Polley for Alias Grace
Tom Rob Smith for The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
Jennifer Fox for The Tale
Jane Campion & Gerard Lee for Top of the Lake: China Doll
Mark Frost & David Lynch for (“Part 9”), Twin Peaks

AND THE WINNER IS:


JENNIFER FOX FOR THE TALE

This is the first win and second nomination for Jennifer Fox. She was previously nominated for directing The Tale (2018).

When I first heard The Tale would be airing on television I was heartbroken because I wanted to see Dern deliver another film performance which I could see at the cinema. I got over it and sitting down to watch I understand why many praised this film accomplishment. Jennifer Fox a documentarian tells her own story in a documentary style narrative film. I appreciate so much of Fox's work on this film because it seemingsly moves. When we see the different castings of flashbacks throughout it makes me appreciate the choices made from Foxs' screenplay. It's a great work and I hope that people seek it out not just to appreciate Dern like I originally was when watching the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment