Saturday, February 9, 2019

OUTSTANDING ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

Incredibles 2 (Directed by Brad Bird)
Isle of Dogs (Directed by Wes Anderson) Mirai (Directed by Mamoru Hosoda)
Ralph Breaks the Internet (Directed by Rich Moore & Phil Johnston)
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey & Rodney Rothman)

AND THE WINNER IS:


ISLE OF DOGS (DIRECTED BY WES ANDERSON)

This is the third win and thirteenth nomination for Wes Anderson. He previously won for producing and animating Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009). He was also nominated for producing The Squid and the Whale (2005) & The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014). He was also nominated for directing: Rushmore (1998), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), The Grand Budapest Hotel, writing: Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Moonrise Kingdom (2012) & The Grand Budapest Hotel. It look me a while to finally get around and see Isle of Dogs, not because I didn't want to see the film but because it just didn't fit into my schedule for a couple of months. However once I finally saw the film I was not surprised by my appreciation for it. It's filmed in the usual Wes Anderson style which at this point just works on me hard. The dialogue is swift, the design is cool and the humour is sharp. Anderson over the years has gathered a cast of actors he can always return to and while each film add's a few new actors he knows how to perfectly use his actors of old and new as displayed in this voice cast. I've returned to moments of the film since seeing it the first time and yet again I hope he continues to make animated films along with is live action pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment