Thursday, March 9, 2023

OUTSTANDING MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING


Alexandra Anger, Monica Pavez & Evi Zafiropoulou for Crimes of the Future
Kentake Chinyelu-Hope, Nicole Stafford & Chang-Im Kim for Men
Sacha Carter, Stefani Pellegrini, Maralyn Sherman & David White for The Northman
Sarah Rubano for X
Adrien Morot, Judy Chin & Anne Marie Bradley for The Whale

AND THE WINNER:


ALEXANDRA ANGER, MONICA PAVEZ & EVI ZAFIROPOULOU FOR CRIMES OF THE FUTURE

These are the first wins and nominations for Alexandra Anger, Monica Pavez & Evi Zafiropoulou.

Sometimes going for the heavy prosthetic film in this category can be the boring and lazy choice but since seeing the film since May of 2022 I've not been able to get the makeup imagery of Crimes of the Future to leave my head. The film while not my favourite overall I cannot deny the great production work on the film especially by the hair and makeup department who because of Cronenberg's vision are allowed run wild with so many creative makeup creations.

The Ear man is obviously a standout creation and reason enough to award the film but there are so many other creations to discover throughout the film that I couldn't help myself from wanting to award it my makeup trophy for 2022. If your unsure of checking out the film simply look at photos and scenes from it because the imagery when in live action can be quite frightening but for me that what makes me enjoy the work even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment