Monday, March 6, 2023

OUTSTANDING ORIGINAL SONG


“Love is Not Love”, Bros (Music by Marc Shaiman; Lyrics by Billy Richner)
“Ciao Papa”, Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (Music by Alexandre Desplat; Lyrics by Roeban Katz & Guillermo del Toro)
“On My Way”, Marry Me (Music and Lyrics by Ivy Adara, Leroy Clampitt and Michael Pollack)
“Naatu Naatu”, RRR (Music by M.M. Keeravani; Lyrics by Chandrabose)
“Nobody Like U”, Turning Red (Music and Lyrics by Billie Eilish and Finneas O'Connell)

AND THE WINNER:


"NAATU NAATU", RRR (MUSIC BY M.M. KEERAVANI; LYRICS BY CHANDRABOSE)

These are the first wins for M.M. Keeravani & Chandrabose.

Choosing a winner among my nominees was very difficult as I simply adore all of these songs finding each amazing as both singular songs but even more incredible based on their placement in their films. What made me finally decide on 'Naatu Naatu' as my winner was based on which song has stayed with me the most in my mind. Musically the song is infectious with each new musical beat greater than the one in succeeded. Lyrically the song is just as wonderful matching the musical beats and making for one of the years greatest scenes and one of its most surprising also.

It is incredible how much this movie has stayed with audiences throughout the year and when it contains scenes such as this extended musical sequence it makes absolute sense why the film has been a favourite of many. Truly an incredible song that I happy to see many including myself falling in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment