Tuesday, February 22, 2011

OUTSTANDING FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

Air Doll (Directed by Horolazu Koreeda)

I Am Love (Directed by Luca Guadagnino)

Mother (Directed by Bong Joon-Ho)

A Prophet (Directed by Jacques Audiard)

Secret Sunshine (Directed by Lee Joon-dong)


AND THE WINNER:


I AM LOVE (DIRECTED BY LUCA GUADAGNINO)

This is the first win and nomination for Luca Guadagnino in this category. He was also nominated for screenwriting this year.

Tilda Swinton in an Italian feature film beautifully eating food in beautiful costuming surrounded by beautiful sets. I Am Love as a film almost feels made for me. While there were some great films not in the english language throughout this year I always returned to I Am Love when I think of the best international feature of the year. Guadagnino is such a brilliant artist and his feature from this year is easily one of the greatest of the entire cinematic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment