Thursday, April 1, 2021

25th "An Irish Person" FILM Awards ANNOUNCEMENT!!!


To everyone new and old welcome to my blog. For the next 3½ weeks, I will be posting what I consider to be the best of cinema in 2020 (and a bit of 2021). I will present 23 separate categories as a sort of the lead up to the Academy Awards on the 25th of April. I want to make a disclaimer before I start announcing nominees and winners starting tomorrow. I have seen a total of 231 films released in 2020/21 in the United States. That may seem like a large number which it is but sadly there were a couple of films I have not seen yet whether it's that I missed it during its release or the film hasn't become available for me to see it. This year some of those films include Corpus Christi, Collective, House of Hummingbird, I Carry You With Me, Two of Us, The Truffle Hunters & a few others that weren't as acclaimed during the year. I'm sure I will see these films at some stage this decade but to keep in time with the Academy Awards I have to start announcing my favourite in film now.

Also as everyone is fully aware all of our cinema watching has changed this year due to the Pandemic and after recently realising I've not stepped foot in a cinema for over a year (March 14th 2020 to be exact) it must be said how hard I miss the shared experience of going to see a film in a theatre. I hope like many to return sooner rather than later but i feel I would've not seen as many films (new and old) that I have had it not been due to the pandemic so I guess there was a silver lining after all. Let's just hope that when I announce my prizes next year we have all at least had some time spent in a cinema screening room.

No comments:

Post a Comment