Friday, April 16, 2021

OUTSTANDING VISUAL EFFECTS

Kevin Souls & Thrain Shadbolt for Birds of Prey

Jonathan Dearing, Marcus Bolton, Matt Ebb & Aevar Bjarnason for The Invisible Man

Alexis Angelidis, Mattie Brehm, Michael Fong & Matthew Kiyoshi Wong for Soul

Justin Cornish, Clwyd Edwards, Ryan Laney & Brooke Lyndon-Stanford for Welcome to Chechnya

Joaquín Cociña & Cristóbal León for The Wolf House


AND THE WINNER:


JOAQUÍN COCIÑ & CRISTÓL LEÓN FOR THE WOLF HOUSE

These are the first wins and nominations for Joaquín Cociña & Cristóbal León.

The Wolf House was a film I'd been waiting to see pre-COVID and it took me far too long to finally see the film. Thankfully the film I'd seen was everything I had been led to believe it would be. The art of visual effects in stop motion animation (animation in general) is so underewarded as most who notice great effects only seem to praise CGI effects creating realistic looking space worlds but the smooth animated story telling due to the effects in this film is easily my favourite of the year. Without many blockbuster films this year I feel there is a chance for different types of visual effects to be appreciated because people like myself have had the time to see a lot of different films.

No comments:

Post a Comment