Saturday, September 19, 2020

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

Better Call Saul
Tape A: “50% Off” & “The Guy For This”
Tape B: “Dedicado a Max” & “Wexler v. Goodman”
Tape C: “Bagman” & “Bad Choice Road”
Big Little Lies
Tape A: “What Have They Done?” & “Tell Tale Hearts”
Tape B: “The End of the World” & “She Knows”
Tape C: “The Bad Mother” & “I Want to Know”
My Brilliant Friend
Tape A: “The New Name” & “The Body”
Tape B: “The Kiss” & “The Betrayal”
Tape C: “The Secret Notebooks” & “The Blue Fairy”
Ozark
Tape A: “Civil Union” & “Boss Fight”
Tape B: “Su Casa Es Mi Casa” & “In Case of Emergency”
Tape C: “BFF” & “Fire Pink”
Pose
Tape A: “Acting Up” & “Worth It”
Tape B: “Never Knew Love Like This Before” & “Love's In Need Of Love Today”
Tape C: “Revelations” & “In My Heels”
Succession
Tape A: “Vaulter” & “Hunting”
Tape B: “Tern Haven” & “Argestes”
Tape C: “Dundee” & “DC”

AND THE WINNER IS:


POSE

This is the second win and nomination for Pose in this category. For it's second season Pose has received sixteen nominations winning 4 of them. The show won for Series, Leading Actor (Porter), Supporting Actress (Ross) & Hairstyling. The show was also nominated for Ensemble, Leading Actress (Rodriguez), Supporting Actor (Burnside), Supporting Actress (Moore), Guest Actress (Woodard), Directing ("Never Knew Love Like This Before"), Writing ("Life's a Beach"), Casting, Costume Design, Editing, Makeup & Sound.

Why Pose didn't explode in recognition for it's second season confuses me to no end. The quality of the season grew over it's already great first season and yet all anyone could focus on was Billy Porters wonderful performance. There is so much I love about this show and the season really made me care for each and every member of the ensemble that I almost could've nominated every single one of them. I think the fourth episode of the season is one of the greatest episodes of television I've ever seen and i still remember the moment I watched that episode because I was a wreck emotionally due to that episode. There were also a lot more than just that one episode of greatness that earned the show the title of my favourite drama of the year. At this moment I would've been watching the third season had all Television production not shut down so I'm now sad I must wait longer to return to this brilliant drama series. I hope everyone watches this show because it's just that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment