Wednesday, September 9, 2020

OUTSTANDING MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Mrs. America
Normal People
The Plot Against America
Unbelievable
Unorthodox
Watchmen

AND THE WINNER IS:


MRS. AMERICA

With this win Mrs. America receives it's sixth prize from eleven nominations. This series also won leading actress (Blanchett), supporting actress (Byrne), directing (Bravo), writing & main titles design. It was also nominated for supporting actress (Paulson, Ullman), directing (de Clermont-Tonnerre), casting & hairstyling.

Mrs. America could've easily been disappointing to the highest degree because my expectations were built so high based on my love of the stars and creatives involved. Thankfully I was not disappointed and the series quickly became one of the greatest things I would watch weekly this last TV year. There are moments that I'll keep with me, most being performances given by Blanchett but honestly this series for covering both a dark and light time for women in America was entertaining to watch at every moment. The series played the moment it was set well and played as a commentary for the current moment great also. I highly recommend this 9 episode series to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment