Tuesday, September 15, 2020

OUTSTANDING LEADING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart for ("The Gang Deals with Alternate Reality") in "THE GOOD FIGHT"
Kirsten Dunst as Krystal Subbs for ("A Positive Spin!") in "ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA"
Maggie Gyllenhaal as Eileen Merrell / "Candy" for ("Morta di Fame") in "THE DEUCE"
Nicole Kidman as Celeste Wright for ("The Bad Mother") in "BIG LITTLE LIES"
Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde for ("Fire Pink") in "OZARK"
MJ Rodriguez as Blanca Rodriguez-Evangelista for ("In My Heels") in "POSE"

AND THE WINNER IS:


LAURA LINNEY AS WENDY BYRDE FOR ("FIRE PINK") IN "OZARK"

This is the second win and fifth nomination for Laura Linney. She previously won for John Adams (2008) and was nominated for Wild Iris (2001), The Big C (2011), & The Big C: Hereafter (2013).

As I'd mentioned in the Pelphrey post I only watched the entirety of Ozark this past TV season and the main reason for that was because prior to watching I'd been told Linney in the most recent season delivered a performance like she never had before. Having completed the series I have to agree 100% with this assessment about her work on the show because she is quite marvellous on it. The above clip features perhaps the greatest piece of acting I've ever seen Linney deliver and I've seen the majority of her work up to this point. Her performance as Wendy Byrde is easily one of the better tv creations of recent years and now having caught up I'm glad that when the show eventually returns for it's now final season I can watch in real time that greatness that is Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde.

No comments:

Post a Comment