Monday, February 15, 2016

OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY

Ping Bin Lee for The Assassin

Edward Lachman for Carol

Maryse Alberti for Creed

Adam Arkapaw for Macbeth

John Seale for Mad Max: Fury Road


AND THE WINNER IS:



EDWARD LACHMAN FOR CAROL


This is the second win and fourth nomination for Edward Lachman for his breathtaking cinematography for Carol. He previously won for Far From Heaven (2002) and was nominated for The Virgin Suicides (1999) and I’m Not There (2007).


Again Carol takes it by a margin. Lachman is so in step with Todd Haynes at this point that were the two ever not to work together I would feel a bit urked as the two have done such beautiful work for the fourth time now. Shooting on Super 16 mm each shoot of this film is like a photography I would lift from the film and hang in the best of galleries which really shows how apperciative I am of Lachman’s work. From the sweeping shoots of these women as they fall madly in love with one another to the careful camera that witnesses the true passion fully expressed. There is just so much I want to express about Lachman’s work that I don’t have the words but really his work is just the best and will long loom in my mind as the best cinematograpgy in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment