Wednesday, April 11, 2012

OUTSTANDING FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

A Seperation (Directed by Asghar Farhadi)

I Saw the Devil (Directed by Kim Jee-woon)

Love Exposure (Directed by Sion Sono)

Pina (Directed by Wim Wenders)

Poetry (Directed by Lee Chang-dong)


AND THE WINNER IS…..


A SEPERATION (DIRECTED BY ASGHAR FARHADI)

Last Year’s Winner: I Am Love (Directed by Luca Guadagnino)

With five nominees for the foreign language award I really want to talk about my winner which was quite an easy choice to make especially with this film making my Best Picture lineup. “A Seperation” is the film from Iran written and directed by Asghar Farhadi and this being the first film of his for me to see was such a great surprise because he captured the culture of Iran in such a perfect way and made one of the best family dramas in recent years and put in such respect I believe to the screenplay first of all that the film turns out so well that it was a near perfect film for me with a great ensemble to also speak his words and then one of the best conclusions I have seen to a movie came in this as it seemed to end just as simply as it opened with the main wife and husband character literally separated by a wall from each other which if one shot were to explain the film it would be that one for me and summed up all that worked in this film that it really was the best which the academy agreed with of course choosing the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment