Friday, April 13, 2012

OUTSTANDING LEADING ACTRESS

Juliette Binoche as she in "CERTIFIED COPY"

Olivia Colman as Hannah in "TYRANNOSAUR"

Kirsten Dunst as Justine in "MELANCHOLIA"

Charlize Theron as Mavis Gary in "YOUNG ADULT"

Kristen Wiig as Annie Walker in "BRIDESMAIDS"


AND THE WINNER IS…..


OLIVIA COLMAN AS HANNAH IN "TYRANNOSAUR"

Last Year’s Winner: Natalie Portman as Nina Sayers/The Swan Queen in “BLACK SWAN”

Only two awards left and now it’s time for my favourite award to give out every year because I believe that some of the best performances of all time have been given by women, my award for best actress has gone to such iconic performances as Charlize Theron in Monster and Marion Cotillard in La Vie en Rose. The runner up this year is previous winner and nominee Charlize Theron for performance as Mavis Gray in “Young Adult“. Theron has never really been one to frequently do comedy and as Mavis she is a powerhouse of comedy and each time she is in on screen it is just brillaint to watch. While she plays of the screen’s least likeable characters it is Theron who handles this role with such greatness.

In the end I picked Olivia Colman for moving performance in the small British indie film “Tyrannosaur”, this was a surprise choice for me but when I look back on the performances that made me feel nothing made me more emotional then what Colman conveyed in her small film as she plays a brutally raped and beaten women who finds a friend in Peter Mullen and that moment that really affected me was when she finally broke down crying out to be held which is such a moving moment that I wish more people could have seen this harrowing work by Colman showing how she is one of Britain’s (Strange fact is she played Streep’s daughter in the The Iron Lady).

No comments:

Post a Comment