Friday, August 5, 2016

OUTSTANDING CHOREOGRAPHY (DANCE/STUNT)

Philip J Silvera for ("New York's Finest Staircase Fight"), Daredevil
Zachary Woodlee for Grease Live!
Phoenix & Pharside for ("I'm Really Hot"), So You Think You Can Dance
Christopher Scott for ("No Women, No Cry Live Version"), So You Think You Can Dance
Fatima Robinson for The Wiz Live!

AND THE WINNER IS:


PHOENIX & PHARSIDE FOR ("I'M REALLY HOT"), SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE

This is the first win and nomination for the team of Phoenix & Pharside. They win for their choregraphed routine "I'm Really Hot" from So You Think You Can Dance season 12.

Phoenix & Pharside the great team exploded bigger on So You Think You Can Dance in Season 12 leading me to easily pick them for anyone one of their inventive routine's because they two really out did themselves. However their standout routine was "I'm Really Hot" performed by all star Joshua and the eventual winner Gaby Diaz. The routine set to Missy Elliott (first time one of her songs has been used on the show) "I'm Really Hot" just lets the dancers let loose in this great hip hop routine hitting every beat of the song perfectly. A choreographer hasn't blown me away this much in many seasons and I just have to applaud the show for letting this team really experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment