Saturday, August 20, 2016

OUTSTANDING REALITY-COMPETITION PROGRAM

Dancing with the Stars ("Week #11: Final Results")
Project Runway ("Shut Up and Sew")
RuPaul's Drag Race ("RuPaul Book Ball")
So You Think You Can Dance ("Top 10 Perform; 2 Eliminated")
Survivor ("You Call, We'll Haul")
Top Chef ("Restaurant Wars, Part 2")

AND THE WINNER IS:


RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ("RUPAUL BOOK BALL")

This is the first win and eigth straight nomination for RuPaul's Drag Race.

RuPaul's Drag Race is probably the best show on television that a small set of loyal people watch. I myself include myself in this small group and find the show fascinating even if there are the weaker moments. This season was really a return to form even with some stinker moments peppered throughout I just found myself invested in every queen (Derick Berry aside) and that's when I know a season of this show is hitting it's stride. This particular episode was quite the satisfying one where it had the drama, pathos, humor and just good feeling that comes from the best episodes of this show. I'm surprised I'v never rewarded the show before this but it felt appropriate to reward it as a return to form season.

No comments:

Post a Comment