Saturday, February 18, 2017

OUTSTANDING FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

Aquarius (Directed by Kleber Mendonça Filho)
Elle (Directed by Paul Verhoeven)
Embrace of the Serpant (Directed by Ciro Guerra)
The Handmaiden (Directed by Chan-wook Park)
Toni Erdmann (Directed by Maren Ade)

AND THE WINNER IS:


TONI ERDMANN (DIRECTED BY MAREN ADE)

I don't know why but this was an exceptionally great year for foreign cinema. Maybe it's because I watch a lot more foreign film or maybe it's the list of films that were produced this year. Whichever I just wanted to make note about how much I was impressed by most of the foreign cinema I saw. Toni Erdmann seemed like it was going to be a struggle prior because of it's massive running time, however when watching the film I completly forgot this state and was blown away by this film achievement. The film is so fun and comedic that I would pleasurable watch the film many times in the future. Ade and her entire team have crafted a film of brillance that the fact it lost to the Palme D'Or earlier in 2016 to I, Daniel Blake still confuses me before and after watching both films. Ade really impresses with Toni Erdmann setting herself apart from many artists and will keep me attached to whatever she decides to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment