Saturday, February 4, 2017

OUTSTANDING COSTUME DESIGN

Giulia Piersanti for A Bigger Splash
Marion Boyce & Margot Wilson for The Dressmaker
Sang-gyeong Jo for The Handmaiden
Madeline Fontaine for Jackie
Linda Muir for The Witch

AND THE WINNER IS:


MARION BOYCE & MARGOT WILSON FOR THE DRESSMAKER

These are the first wins for Marion Boyce and Margot Wilson for their costume designing in The Dressmaker.

The Dressmaker a movie I've seen so long ago you think I'd forget about every detail of such a small film. I remember the film and unlike many I enjoyed the film for how much it goes there in terms of camp gloriousness. The strongest elements of the film is it's costume design which really isn't surprising considering the name and story of the film. Having these high fashion designs in this small town Australian town every time there is a new outfit is just mouth wathering to see. Especially myself being a fan of costume design the designs in this film a whole lot of fun the duo of Boyce & Wilson doing such good work will have me looking for great future work whether they work together or do it all solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment