Friday, February 3, 2017

OUTSTANDING FEMALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

Olivia Colman as Hotel Manager in "THE LOBSTER"
Kate Dickie as Katharine in "THE WITCH"
Naomie Harris as Paula in "MOONLIGHT"
Dakota Johnson as Penelope Lannier in "A BIGGER SPLASH"
Julianne Moore as Georgette in "MAGGIE'S PLAN"

AND THE WINNER IS:


KATE DICKIE AS KATHERINE IN "THE WITCH"

This is the first win and nomination for Kate Dickie for her performance as Katharine in The Witch.

The only impression Kate Dickie has made for me like many is her true to character performance as the mad sister of Catelyn Stark for multiple seasons of the HBO show Game of Thrones. With The Witch I was expecting a wild and outladish performance similar to her turn as Lysa Arryn however I was pleasantly surprise by her more relaxed and tension filled performance. Of course her character descened into madness towards the end of the film but I appreciated the restrain she had throughout most of the film. Of course she was equally as compelling when madness was asked of her which led to my adoration for this performance and how captivated I was. It's rare I see a supporting performance so early in the year and not see anything beat it but I was just so brought in by Dickie and her uniquely formed face which works wonders for her unique talent to both scare and bring you into her devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment