Wednesday, February 22, 2017

OUTSTANDING FEMALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE

Sonia Braga as Dona Clara in "AQUARIUS"
Krisha Fairchild as Krisha in "KRISHA"
Sandra Huller as Ines Conradi in "TONI ERDMANN"
Isabelle Hupper as Michèle Leblanc in "ELLE"
Tao Zhao as Shen Tao in "MOUNTAINS MAY DEPART"

AND THE WINNER IS:


SONIA BRAGA AS DONA CLARA IN "AQUARIUS"

This is the first win and nomination for Sonia Braga.

Sonia Braga is an actress so sparcly well used that it makes a bit sad inside however when the time comes when someone gives her work worthy of her talent she blows me away. Over 30 years ago she would've easily won my supporting actress trophey for Kiss of the Spider Woman and now she wins my award for her wonderful turn as Dona in Aquarius. Braga is giving a movie star turn full of confidence and charisma that as soon as she appeared on screen so in control I knew that I was going to love this film so much. Braga's turn is so singular no other actress could've played this role like she has that I consider the minor mentions she received at the end of 2016 criminal as she far outdoes most performances that received best of the year mentions from the various awards groups. If Braga never gets a chance like this again I guess I can't complain as I'll always appreciate someone allowed her to star in this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment