Sunday, February 19, 2017

OUTSTANDING ORIGINAL SONG

Moana, "How Far I'll Go" (Music and Lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda)
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, "Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song)" (Music and Lyrics by Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone, Michael Woods, Kevin White & Nash Overstreet)
Sing Street, "Drive it Like You Stole It" (Music and Lyrics by Gary Clark)
Sing Street, "To Find You" (Music and Lyrics by Gary Clark)
Zootopia, "Try Everything" (Music and Lyrics by Written by Sia Furler, Tor Erik Hermansen & Mikkel Storleer Eriksen

AND THE WINNER IS:


MOANA, "HOW FAR I'LL GO" (MUSIC AND LYRICS BY LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA)

This is the first win and nomination for Lin-Manuel Miranda.

I'm a sucker for a disney wanting to go further in life song and I knew from the moment I heard the first bars of this song months before the films release that I was going to love this song. Obviously Lin is a multi talented composer that the entire world now knows but it's newcomer Auli'i Cravalho whose passionate vocals who make this song in my estimation up there with the best of wanting to escape female driven ballads. The words resonate and the music buils to create a brillant original song. While I'm mentioning this song I have to give a shout out to the entire song score of Moana which unlike other beloved movie musicals this past year is a list of songs that has no real weak tunes and many of this is thanks to Lin-Manuel Miranda.

No comments:

Post a Comment