Saturday, February 25, 2017

21st "An Irish Person" FILM Awards RECAP!!


So I've come to an end of another year in cinema and overall this was a good year in cinema and my top films where especially frontloaded with some great and diverse cinema. Moonlight was probably the easy winner for me no matter how much great cinema there was as I just knew I'd love the film as much as I ended up doing. Before I end talking about 2016 I have to post what I consider to be my top 10 films of the year in terms of their ranking.

01. Moonlight
02. O.J. Made in America
03. The Witch
04. Toni Erdmann
05. American Honey
06. Everybody Wants Some!!
07. Jackie
08. Kubo and the Two Strings
09. Embrace of the Serpent
10. A Bigger Splash

For all those who even took time to read any of these posts I appreciate it because as a massive fan of cinema with each new film I see I want them all to be fantastic and while most of them don't end up being that i don't mind because there's something special about cinema which is why it has lasted for so long as a genre. Below is my recap of the nominations and wins received by films from this year. Goodbye to all and I'll see you again in 2017 to celebrate the best of 2017 in cinema. 

13 nominations: Moonlight
8 nominations: The Witch
7 nominations: The Handmaiden, Jackie
6 nominations: Toni Erdmann
5 nominations: The Lobster
4 nominations: Arrival, A Bigger Splash, Love & Friendship
3 nominations: American Honey, Kubo and the Two Strings, Moana, O.J. Made in America, Swiss Army Man
2 nominations: Aquarius, Elle, Embrace of the Serpent, Everbody Wants Some!!, The Red Turtle, Sing Street, Zootopia
1 nomination: 13th, Captain America: Civil War, Captain Fantastic, De Palma, Doctor Strange, The Dressmaker, Hail Caesar!, Hidden Figures, High-Rise, The Jungle Book, Krisha, La La Land, Maggie's Plan, Mountains May Depart, The Neon Demon, Newtown, Only Yesterday, Paterson, Pervert Park, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, Silence, Star Trek Beyond

8 wins: Moonlight
3 wins: Jackie
2 wins: The Handmaiden
1 win: Aqarius, Doctor Strange, The Dressmaker, The Lobster, Moana, O.J. Made in America, Toni Erdmann, The Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment