Tuesday, March 1, 2022

26th "An Irish Person" FILM Awards ANNOUNCEMENT!!!


To everyone new and old welcome to my blog. For the next 20+ days, I will be posting what I consider to be the best of cinema in 2021. I will present 23 separate categories as a sort of the lead up to the Academy Awards on the 27th of March. I want to make a disclaimer before I start announcing nominees and winners starting on the 4th. I have seen a total of 133 films released in 2021 in the United States. That may seem like a large number which it is but sadly there were a couple of films I have not seen yet whether it's that I missed it during its release or the film hasn't become available for me to see it. This year some of those films include Rita Moreno: Just a Girl Who Decided to Go for It, Faya Dayi, This Is Not a Burial, It's a Resurrection, Julia & a few others that weren't as acclaimed during the year. I'm sure I will see these films at some time in the future but to keep in time with the Academy Awards I have to start announcing my favourites in film now.

Thankfully I can now say I unlike last year I have been able to return to the cinema. (the first time being July 1st when I did a triple feature watch of In the Heights, A Quiet Place Part II & Cruella) In returning to the cinemas for a half a year now it was if I never left. I love cinema and the event that going to a theatre becomes. While we are still suffering due to the pandemic and some cinemas are also suffering I'm hopeful that cinema will continue as there are audiences there to watch a variety of types of film. Let's hope in a years time we are still attending film screenings with even more safety that this current year.

No comments:

Post a Comment