Saturday, March 5, 2022

OUTSTANDING ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

AND THE WINNER:


SCREENPLAY BY JANE CAMPION; BASED ON THE POWER OF THE DOG BY THOMAS SAVAGE, THE POWER OF THE DOG

This is the first win and fourth nomination for Jane Campion. She was previously nominated for directing The Portrait of a Lady (1996) & Bright Star (2009). She was also nominated for writing Bright Star.

And so begins my praising of Power of the Dog. (expect a lot more to come) Campion really did wonders with this text creating such a well lived in environment where everything unsaid was just as important as everything said. I think constantly of those silent Rose moments and how well scripted they were. I mean you totally understand every character's motivation throughout and that is such a great complement to Campion's script. There is just so much to devour in this film and while there was a lot I appreciated I feel like on future viewings my love will grow more.

No comments:

Post a Comment