Saturday, August 5, 2017

OUTSTANDING SOUND FOR A SERIES, MINISERIES OR MOVIE

American Gods ("The Secret of Spoons")
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ("When Will Josh and His Friend Leave Me Alone?")
The Handmaid's Tale ("The Other Side")
Stranger Things ("Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly")
Westworld ("Dissonance Theory")

AND THE WINNER IS:


WESTWORLD ("DISSONANCE THEORY")

Sound design can be a sticking point for me. A good sound design especially for a genre show helps to pull me into the story the show has me strapped in for. The sound design for Westworld was especially stand out as they had a lot of elements to juggle. Whether it was the sounds of the A.I., of the western gunfights or even just the fight choreography sound. Everything about the show's sound throughout the entire season was standout. This certain episode ended with a very memorable shootout which was the turning point for the series I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment