Tuesday, August 29, 2017

OUTSTANDING VARIETY, MUSIC OR COMEDY SERIES/SPECIAL

89th Academy Awards
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
The Graham Norton Show
Hairspray Live!
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Saturday Night Live

AND THE WINNER IS:


FULL FRONTAL WITH SAMANTHA BEE

This is the first win and second nomination in this category for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.

Samantha Bee along with fellow nominee John Oliver have become appointment viewing each week for me and my adoration to them is so close to call that the decision was difficult. Samantha Bee's show won by a slight edge, she has no time for forgiving anyone's mistakes and I appreciate the way in which she takes down this terrible men (mostly men.) The show is full of facts that are made enjoyable to watch but also have me think which is what I require from these Variety news programs that choose to satirise the political news discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment